I can say Nasi Goreng is one of the famous Indonesian dish through out the world. Instead of using the English name “Fried Rice”, many foreigners are actually familiar with the word “Nasi Goreng”. There are of course thousands versions of Nasi Goreng. As a matter of fact, I think each household have their very own style of Nasi Goreng. So this is my version of Nasi Goreng. As usual, it is made from the thing I can find in my fridge and on;y the spice I can find on my shelf.
4 garlic, fried
4 candlenut, fried
4-5 red chilli
cayenne pepper, as you desire
Process those ingredients above with your food processor to ma e a thin paste. Set aside.
1 chicken breast, sliced thinly
2 pork sausages, I used my homemade pork sausages, sliced thinly
a handful of green vegetables
1 tbsp green peas
1 tbsp fried shallots
1 tbsp green onion, sliced thinly
1 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
salt, pepper, sugar
Let’s cook !
- Heat up generous amount of canola oil in your wok, and add in your paste. Stir fry until they are fragrant and cooked (use low heat and keep stirring. It took me around 15-20 minutes)
- Add in chicken breast and pork sausages and cook until everything is well cooked.
- Add in green vegetables and green peas.
- Add in 2 plates of cooked rice (it’s better to use cold rice from the previous night), and keep stirring until everything is well mix.
- Add in Sweet soy sauce, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Ready to serve. Top your rice with fried shallots and green onion.
Serve with sunny side egg, Indonesian crackers (krupuk), sliced cucumber and sliced tomatoes.